Are you one of those who have been trying to diet and lose weight? Or has someone told you making a few lifestyle changes would be a better option if you want quick results? No matter whether you are on a strict diet or not, a few essential lifestyle changes made under the guidance of a qualified professional nutritionist or physical trainer will certainly transform your life and help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Especially if you are not a person who believes in consistency, then the only option is to take the help of an expert. Dieting rigorously for a while and eating high calorie foods once you feel you have lost enough weight is only going to lead to more weight gain. Before you think about continuing whatever it is you are presently doing, here are a few facts you must be aware of.
Diet vs Lifestyle Change
• Lifestyle change is quite different from a diet. If you really want to lose your excess weight and sustain your ideal weight, you need to make some changes in your lifestyle.
• Diet without supporting lifestyle changes will not help you lose weight
• If you are eating processed, junk foods, you must know that it is eventually killing you. Junk food leads to obesity and greatly increases chances of health problems.
• The right lifestyle changes will help you stay fit and healthy throughout your life.
• Professional physical trainers and nutritionists will show you how to sustain your overall weight loss efforts over a long period of time.
• All you need to do is to get used to the routine till it becomes a strong habit. You will never want to give up once you realize that you not only look great, but also feel great.
“I am 61 years old and my wife used to tell me that I need to make a few lifestyle changes. I was in the habit of skipping my lunch often and filling my stomach with rolls or burgers instead. After much persuasion, I decided to meet with a health consultant who told me what to eat and not to eat for every meal. With my wife’s constant monitoring, I followed the regime and have now lost 15 lbs in just a few months. My cholesterol level had dropped several points. Now I really feel healthy and safe”, says Chad.
What You Should And Should Not Eat
You must have heard this umpteen times but we can never emphasize enough on the right foods to eat.
• It is important to avoid eating certain items like refined flour, artificial sweeteners, soft drinks and the foods which contain these ingredients.
• Fresh fruits and vegetables, low cal soups and lean meats are great choices. You can fill your fridge tray with fruits and vegetables, so that you will never reach out for unhealthy foods when you are hungry.
• Always try to avoid using lifts, escalators and climb the stairs instead
• If your office is nearby, try cycling to work. You can start your day energetically and also do your bit towards protecting our environment.
“To ensure good health: eat light, breathe deep, live moderate, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” says William Londen. Especially women should try to take some time off to attend yoga/ dance classes, go for a brisk walk in the park or work out at the gym.